PRINT4ALL Conference on “Printing the Future, Now” will Livestream on June 24, 2020
The current situation has required a touch of creativity and a few new methods but the 2020 edition of the Print4All Conference, the annual meeting of the printing, converting, and packaging community, will be going ahead. Preceded by a preview presentation webinar on May 18, the Print4All Conference 2020 will be held in live streaming starting at 11:00 a.m. on June 24, kicking off an opportunity of discussion on innovation, Industry 4.0 and sustainability. The conference will be an added value for all professionals involved in printing and wanting to explore its potential today more than ever.
The headline – “Future Factory – Printing the future, now” – summarises the objective of the appointment, which is also one of the main challenges for the entire sector expressing the need to reflect on the new scenarios opened by the fourth industrial revolution, focusing on the opportunities and the risks for the printing world. The profound changes taking place require knowledge of new technologies, but also a greater awareness of skills, innovative approaches and new, highly disruptive business process logics imposed by market evolutions. In this situation, simply being reactive is not enough. Being proactive is an essential prerequisite for companies and entrepreneurs who want to lead the change by developing strategies and practical responses.
Exploring the many iterations of Smart Factory, Digital Factory, Think Factory, Open Factory, and Green Factory, the Print4All Conference 2020 will tackle two core themes that are fundamental drivers of the prevailing change, namely sustainability and Industry 4.0. Contents will be offered in Italian and English to confirm the global dimension of the event and will involve, once again, the Italian and world specialised media in addition to the international printing and packaging community.
There will be round tables focusing on the experiences of the various players of the supply chain, moderated by the Italian journalist Matteo Bordone. The Print4All Conference is organised by ACIMGA (the Italian Manufacturers Association of Machinery for the Graphic, Converting and Paper Industry), in collaboration with ARGI (Graphic Industry Suppliers Association) and with the support of ITA (Italian Trade Agency) and Fiera Milano.
The detailed program and the subscription form are available on line on https://conference.print4all.it/. The participation is for free, however, preregistration is required.
Several international guests and industry experts will be streaming live:
- Vincenzo Baglieri, professor of Technology Management, Innovation and Operations at Bocconi University, who worked with the Paper and Graphics Federation on one of the first supply chain projects in Industry 4.0 perspective. Baglieri will contribute his experience in smart manufacturing applied to the supply chain.
- Enrico Barboglio, General Secretary of ARGI and Chairman of 4IT Group, and Andrea Briganti, Director of ACIMGA, who has been working for years on international projects aimed at building and consolidating commercial channels, will analyse the prospects for a future that requires proactivity to seize the opportunities that arise from the crisis itself.
- Alice Bodreau, Global Partners Manager of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, whose mission is to accelerate the transition to a circular economy. Bodreau will talk about how to implement global production, particularly in the printing and converting industry, into the circular economy
- Elisabetta Bottazoli has published many works and has plenty of experience in the field of sustainability and environmental protection. She is now a freelancer and operates in the areas of support, project and reports, and CSR evaluations. In the conference, she will address the topic of sustainability from an industrial point of view, with an eye to international metrics and standards of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- Ulrich Leberle, Director of CEPI (the Confederation of European Paper Industries) and Massimo Medugno, Director of Assocarta, will talk about how the supply chain can design paper packaging to support the recycling process in a circular economy.
- Fabrizio Renzi, President & CEO of rnbgate rnb4culture, Angel Investor and IBM partner, is the author of many articles and publications and collaborates with Italian and international universities. Renzi will address the issue of artificial intelligence and how the industry is changing in Industry 4.0 perspective.
- Marco Roveda, founder of LifeGate is among the organic farming trailblazers in Italy with the Fattoria Scaldasole brand. Roveda will illustrate how sustainability and business can be combined.
- Nigel Tapper, member of the IPCC – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the intergovernmental group and scientific forum that received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 and one of the leading world experts on the matter. Tapper will talk about sustainability, illustrating how present choices will condition and shape our future.
- Representatives of major trade associations, including PEIAC (China), PICON (UK), IPAMA (India), as well as a leading editor from the USA, will illustrate the outlook for their markets in the coming years, presenting data and offering important insights from their unique perspectives.